Are you having an issue with your aircon being noisy? If yes, you are in the right place. Here, we will help you understand the possible causes and how you can fix them.
Especially in Singapore, with most aircon are installed in rooms where we sleep at night, weird noisy, produced from the aircon, can be unbearable.
Causes Of Noisy Aircon
Dirty Aircon Fan Coil
A dirty aircon fan coil is usually the cause of a noisy aircon. When dust and dirt clogs the fan coil, your aircon needs to work harder to ensure you get to enjoy the cold air.
Many a times, as consumers, we tend to reduce the temperate and thinking why our aircon is no longer cold at a pre-set temperate when it was still cool last week.
As the aircon works harder to fulfil your needs, the noise produce can be quite noisy.
To check, simply lift the casing of your aircon, remove the filters and have a look inside. If you can spot dust & dirt trapped between the fan coil, its time for a thorough cleaning.
Start by cleaning the aircon filters, if the noise is no longer there, you are good to carry on using your aircon
A choked aircon pipe can be the next possible cause of a noisy aircon. When dirt builds up in the aircon pipe, over time, a partial clog may occur. When this happen, you will start hearing weird noises from time to time.
To check for a choked aircon pipe, if you hear a sucking / water noise, it is very likely a choked aircon pipe.
- Start by locating your aircon drain pipe which is usually placed in your toilet.
- Using a wet & dry vacuum, you can place the opening of your vacuum at the opening of your drain pipe
- Turn your vacuum on and set it to the maximum speed to maximise the suction and try to remove as much dirt in the pipe as possible.
Get Professional Aircon Servicng
If you have tried all the above method and the noise still persists, it is time to bring in a professional aircon contractor to assist you.
Many of these problems can be easily fixed with a simple chemical overhaul whereby:
- Dismantle the entire aircon unit
- Using specialized chemicals to thoroughly clean your aircon your system
- With our industry-first jet spray aircon cleaning method, we will spray wash your aircon cleaning areas that are hard to reach
- Chemical cleaning your aircon drain pipe to ensure no blockage
- Check for any wear & tear parts and aircon gas
Let us help you with your aircon problem. Get in touch with Jetstyle Aircon today.